What is a Ball Valve?
A ball valve is made up of a valve body with a metal ball which has a hole bored through the centre and is situated between two seats to control the flow. The metal ball rotates in the centre which closes across the flow and they are mainly used for viscous liquids, liquids with solids and applications where flow can’t be obstructed. Ball valves are very useful in low-flow situations.
Ball valves are mainly used in the Food & Beverage, Pharmaceutical and cosmetics industry.
What are the different types of a Ball Valve used?
- 2-Way Industrial Ball Valves -general purpose application
- 2-Way True Bore – they are suited for pure process and clean steam applications
- ANSI Ball valves – they prevent coating and plugging.
- Spray Ball Valves – they are designed for cleaning inside tanks and other vessels.
- Self-Cleaning Ball Valves – they provide full, unobstructed flow and bidirectional, bubble-tight shutoff. The self-flushing ball is a feature that makes the valve as cleanable as your pipework during CIP.
- Clean Steam Ball Valves – they are designed for temperature swing and clean steam applications.
The ball valve may be used automatically by an actuator or manually by a handle. The two position handle blocks the valve in an opened or closed position. The actuator transforms axial movement of the piston to a 90º rotative movement of the ball.
Our range of two piston actuators is ideally suited for ball valves where the torque requirements are higher compared to the lower torque range of other actuators. We also have a compact range of two piston actuators for smaller bore valves. Our Actuators can be mounted in-line with the pipe or cross-mounted with the pipe which is also beneficial when it comes to stacking of your pipe.
Some of the Ball Valve Features.
- Class 2500 rating
- NACE MR-01-75 as standard
- 10mm,14mm & 20mm bore.
- Cavity relief
- Anti Blow-out stem
- Fire-safe approved option.
How Flexachem can help you?
Flexachem are the leading distributors for the sizing & design of Ball Valves throughout Ireland.
We have a dedicated Valve Specialist team who are highly experienced and industry trained to assist you with any simple to complex application. Our Service Engineers provide localised technical support & on-site service engineering to support your operational needs. We also hold a heavily stocked inventory to help take the pressure off you in the event of unexpected emergencies.
We offer a full range of actuated ball valves, from Sanitary, Lined or Alloy.
Contact our Valve Specialists:
Brendan Merrigan (external) – mob: 087 2598124
Vicki McGrath (internal)
Brian Barry (internal)
Tim Quigley (internal)
Ross O’ Donovan (internal)
Tel: 00353 21 4617260