Flowserve’s IPS Beacon 2 Condition Monitor is Flowserve’s newest all-round monitor. By augmenting reliability-centred maintenance programs, the IPS Beacon 2 provides a cost-effective means of increasing uptime and extending mean time between failure (MTBF). It is estimated that less than 10 percent of all pump failures are attributable to normal bearing wear and fatigue. This means over 90% of bearing failures are avoidable—if prompt actions are taken from the condition monitor alerts. The beauty of this beacon is that it can be fitted to any rotating machine ie. Pumps, Motors, Fans, Bearing Blocks etc.
Straightforward visual alerts enable efficient use of maintenance and reliability resources. The IPS Beacon 2 enables operators and maintenance personnel to quickly see which assets are in need of attention using LED visual alerts or by incorporating the optional Bluetooth Module and IPS Mobile Insight app available on Android and IOS operating systems. This approach improves reliability by helping customers allocate maintenance resources to focus on equipment that needs attention, instead of spending time checking data or performing maintenance on healthy equipment.
- Blinking green LED indicates normal operation.
- Blinking red LED indicates a current alert condition for temperature and/or vibration.
- Blinking red and green alternating LEDs indicate a past alarm has occurred, but the current condition is normal.
- Blinking yellow LED indicates that the runtime has exceeded the limit and maintenance of the rotating equipment is required.
Features and Benefits of Flowserve’s IPS Beacon 2 Condition Monitor
- 14-day fault indication provides extended visual notification of an alert condition, even if monitored levels return to normal
- Battery life can be more than four years, depending on the environment and operating parameters
- Three-axis vibration sensor measures overall vibration readings in velocity 0 to 25.4 mm/s (0–1 in/s) RMS
- Frequency range 6 – 1,000 Hz (360 – 6,000 cpm)
- Temperature sensor measures surface temperature readings from -40˚C to 93.3˚C (-40˚F to 200˚F)
- Internal runtime calculator measures run time by sensing vibration levels of the rotating equipment
- New form and materials
- Upgraded sensors
- Runtime calculation added –yellow light
- Bluetooth Take Away Memory (TAM)
- Step change in data logging ability
- Able to read data without removing the TAM and downloading
- New iOS and Android Application plus optional ATEX Tablet
- Collect data (3 Axis Overalls RMS plus temperature)
- Update alarm levels, polling rates etc.
- Update to Local DockTalkSoftware
- Will interface with existing Docking Stations
Check out Flowserve’s range of Condition Monitoring Products.