IPS Wireless Monitoring
Flowserve IPS Wireless technology provides cost-effective, reliable and scalable data communication systems that enhance customer productivity and profitability. IPS Wireless employs open platform architecture to ensure it will interface and integrate easily with most existing instrumentation, software and controllers. Its non-line-of-sight technology guarantees reliable data communication in even the most hard-to-reach locations.
Data can be integrated from existing monitoring devices outputting analog or digital signals, then transmitted wirelessly from tanks, pipelines, pumps and other rotating equipment. Supported communications include: 4/20 mA, pulse, milliVolt and Modbus. Devices operate in several frequency spectrums (902-928 MHz, 868 MHz or 2.4 GHz) and are certified to ATEX and CSA/NRTL Class 1 Div. 1.
General Industries, Power Generation, Chemical Processing, Water Resources, Oil and Gas
- Multiple- and Single-Point Transmitters provide wireless data acquisition and transmission of analog and digital signals in a single self-contained, self-powered unit. Programmable omni-directional radio signal transmission enables intelligence to be placed “at the edge.” The “always-on” status enables transmission rates to vary according to sensor signal values, prolonging battery life.
- Receivers communicate from IPS Wireless Single-Point Transmitters and Remote Transmission Units to the customer’s data management system. The receivers utilize spread spectrum, frequency-hopping data management technology that allows up to 2500 single-point transmitters to be monitored and can be expanded in multiples of 2500 transmitters.
- Remote Transmission Units (RTU) can be AC-powered or solar-powered with backup batteries and allow a flexible number of sensor channels (2, 4, 8, 16, 24, 36). Each channel is equipped with a removable, unique conditioning module that can be changed based on the desired sensor. The IPS Wireless RTU uses the same radio transmission technology as battery-powered transmitters, eliminating the need to incorporate separate modems. The IPS Wireless RTU has a self-transmitting range of 1.2 km (.75 miles), but its effective transmission range can be extended to 11.2 km (7.0 miles) with the addition of a network of multiple repeaters.
- Intelligent Repeaters extend the transmission range of IPS Wireless Single-Point Transmitters and RTUs. This technology increases the reliability of the signal transmission at a fraction of the cost of traditional “transceiver” or “line-of-sight” systems that require self-healing “mesh technology.”
- Remote Start/Stop Units are comprised of a local transmission unit and a remote receiving unit. They are able to send and receive both analog and digital commands to start or stop pumps and motors and open or close control valves.
General Industries, Power Generation, Chemical Processing, Water Resources, Oil and GasStandards:Misc:
Whether for portable or fixed assets or analog or digital instruments, Flowserve has wireless solutions for equipment performance monitoring, process monitoring and asset management. Solutions are configured to meet specific site needs and are comprised of the following devices.
Contact our Pump Specialist Team:
Phil Soltan (External) – mob: 086 185 3782
Adrian McSweeney – tel: 021 461 7212
Paul-Fox Morris – tel: 021 461 7231
Fiona Foley (Pump & Service Support) – tel: 021 461 7240
Tel: 021 461 7200
Contact our Mechanical Seal Team:
Chris Sheeran (External) – mob: 087 755 9936
Dave O’Connell – tel: 021 461 7233