Bearing Gard – Isolators
Bearing Gard protection technology delivers reliable isolation from contamination to keep bearings running cleaner longer.
Scroll down for Video
Bearing Gard bearing isolators directly assist equipment reliability by creating a strong barrier against external contamination.
- Static protection is assured by an internal O-ring between the rotor and stator.
- Dynamic protection is provided by a tortuous labyrinth that effectively repels severe environmental conditions.
- Standard design accommodates axial shaft movement of 0.63 mm (0.025 inch) TIR
- Static sealing quickly transitions to non-contacting operation for consistent performance and will not wear on the shaft or equipment.
- Oil retention features work to keep oil inside the bearings and off the ground.
- Non-contacting design – does not wear out or generate any heat.
- Can be used for ATEX upgrades of older equipment.
General guidelines for made to order designs with same day shipping
- Shaft diameter: 23 – 203 mm (0.875 – 8.000 inch)
- Housing bore: 20 – 50 mm (0.750 – 2.000 inch) over shaft diameter for shaft sizes up to 150 mm (6.000 inch)
- Housing bore: 25 – 50 mm (1.000 – 2.000 inch) over shaft diameter for shaft sizes over 150 mm (6.000 inch)
- Axial insertion/extension: see cross section view
- Maximum axial movement: 0.63 mm (0.025 inch) TIR
- Maximum radial runout: 0.13 mm (0.005 inch) TIR
- Speed: up to 30 m/s (100 ft/s)
- Rotor and Stator: Bronze
- O-rings: Viton
- Bearing lubrication: oil splash, grease, oil mist, dry lubrication, non-flooded conditions
Bearing Gard isolators fit a wide range of rotating equipment.
Typical applications include pumps, motors, gearboxes, and general lip seal replacements.
Equipment-specific Bearing Gard designs are available or Flowserve will rapidly design a custom solution
The Bearing Gard meets or exceeds the following industry standards and certifications: • API 610 • IEEE-841 • IP-66 • ATEX