Bearing Gard Isolator with electrical earthing
Bearing Gard isolators with AEGIS ® earthing ring technology provide superior reliability and extended life for electric motors using Variable Frequency Drives.
This includes Pumps, compressors, turbines, mixers, reactors, centrifuges, blowers, rotary joints, blenders and dryers.
The growing population of Variable Speed Drives (VSDs) as motor controllers has revealed electrical earthing through the bearings to be a major cause of premature motor failure.
The Bearing Gard with electrical earthing is specifically designed to prevent motor failure from electrical fluting and contamination ingress.
Bearing Gard technology provides superior static and dynamic protection against contamination ingress
- AEGIS® bearing protection ring utilizes Electron Transport Technology™ and Conductive microfibers™ to provide the most reliable current diversion technology
- Prevents electrical discharge damage including fluting in bearings
- Protects against lubrication breakdown due to electrical arcing and contamination
- Standard design accommodates axial shaft movement of 0.63 mm (0.025 inch) TIR Complete motor protection with electrical earthing
General guidelines for electrical earthing designs:
- Shaft diameters 23-152 mm (0.875 – 6.000 inch)
- Housing bore: 20 – 50 mm (0.750 – 2.000 inch) over shaft diameter
- Lengths: Standard and Slimline (see cross section view)
- Maximum axial movement: 0.63 mm (0.025 inch) TIR
- Maximum radial runout: 0.13 mm (0.005 inch) TIR
- Shaft temperature: up to 190°C (375°F)
- Speed: up to 5000 rpm
- Rotor and Stator: Bronze
- O-rings: Viton
- Bearing lubrication: Grease or dry lubrication