APEX 8000 Positioner
The Automax APEX 8000 positioner provides outstanding control for a wide range of valves and dampers. The APEX 8000’s two-stage relay provides fast, sensitive response characteristics to meet demanding control objectives. It may be used with 3-15 psi pneumatic control signals (as shown) or fitted with an I/P transducer for 4-20 mA signals. The APEX 8000 is available with many options including position feedback limit switches, 4-20 mA position feedback transmitter, and our UltraDome visual position indicator.
Automax APEX 8000 positioners may be used to control quarter-turn control valves such as eccentric plug, butterfly, segmented ball, standard ball, and plug valves. The APEX 8000’s sensitive two-stage relay also makes it ideal for precise damper control applications. Specify the APEX 8000 whenever valve rotation sensitivity is critical.
The APEX 8000 may be installed on any quarter-turn valve actuator conforming to the NAMUR standard for accessory mounting bolt pattern and pinion height without a coupler. This reduces deadband and is less expensive. Contact your Flowserve distributor or representative for information about mounting the APEX 8000 on non-NAMUR actuators.
The APEX 8000 housing is constructed from durable die-cast aluminum. The housing is anodized for internal corrosion resistance, then coated with epoxy powder for external resistance to harsh chemicals
- Two-Stage Pilot Relay provides fast, sensitive response characteristics for precise control of critical control valves and dampers.
- Non-interactive Span Adjustment reduces calibration time.
- Adjustable Gain allows positioner sensitivity adjustment for a wide range of valve/actuator applications.
- Corrosion Resistant Materials. All exposed parts are either stainless steel or epoxy powder coated anodized aluminum to permit use in corrosive environments.
- Optional UltraDome Visual Position Indicator provides adjustable, high-contrast, full-angle viewing of valve position.
- Field Upgradable. The APEX 8000 is field-upgradable to a number of electro-pneumatic options without removing the cover. Limit switches or a 4-20 mA position transmitter may be installed with basic tools.
- Vibration Resistant. High natural frequency and pneumatic dampening make the APEX 8000 unaffected by vibrations with accelerations up to 2 G’s and frequencies to 500 Hz.