Take Off Service
Save label identification and pipe marking time and costs upfront
Coming to the end of a project is the wrong time to realize that label identification and pipe marking is going to be more extensive—and expensive—than estimated. Working upfront with MSI for mechanical take-off can produce savings and make pipe marking and valve tagging an integral part of your project rather than a costly afterthought.
MSI manages the take-off process to save contractors time they would otherwise have to spend on a label identification task that is not their area of expertise. This highly valued service is included with your order of pipe marking and valve tagging products at no additional charge.
- Beginning with a set of drawings, a copy of the mechanical identification spec and a piping installation schedule, our in-house engineers determine accurate quantities and styles of pipe marking and valve tagging products needed for the project. Our approach provides MSI competitive pricing while preventing over- and under-ordering of markers and tags.
- A detailed Bill of Material list is returned to you for review and adjustment of any items you deem necessary prior to ordering.
- Once a purchase order is submitted, you’ll receive:
- Drawings marked and color-coded indicating location and style of marker required by, and according to, specification.
- Excel spreadsheets for all pipe marking, valve tagging and equipment labeling that specify the style, size and quantity of the markers, legend, drawing number, and area/level in which the markers will be installed.
- All of the labels, tags, and markers needed for the project boxed according to floor or area when requested.
- Newly color-coded, marked project drawings prepared by MSI for your installers to use as a “road map” to position markers. This sequence is designed by MSI to ensure quick and accurate installation, thereby eliminating costly waste and errors.
MSI material take-off process makes pipe marking and valve tagging an integral part of the project. Label identification is a smoother, more cost-effective process that allows pipe marking to be installed faster and with much less time and effort on behalf of the contractor.
Showing the single result