Product DescriptionZook Bursting Disc Indicator Spec Sheet Zook Bursting Disc Indicator Installation Instructions
The Zook Rupture Disc Indicator will show if there is overpressure or discharge indications for your bursting disc and relief valve applications
The Rupture Disc Indicator RDI is a simple and effective means of indicating when the process media ruptures a disc or opens a relief valve.
The RDI installs onto the vent side of a rupture disk assembly or onto the discharge side of a relief valve. Upon rupture of the disk or discharge of the relief valve, the RDI alarm circuit is opened by the flowing media.
- One time use, low cost
- Sizes 1″ thru 24″
- Compatible with Metal or Graphite Rupture Discs or for stand-alone use (relief valve applications)
- Resistant to most chemicals
- Minimises downtime due to immediate burst indication
- Supplied ready for installation
- Installs easily into existing pipe systems
- Furnished with attached 6 foot PTFE sheathed lead wire (cable)
- No routine maintenance required
- Installs on outlet side of rupture disc or rupture disc holder isolating the RDI from the process media
Gaskets – Compressed fiber
Membrane – Kapton®
Conductive material – Silver
Leadwire – 6 foot, 24 AWG, 2 conductor
PTFE sheathed lead wire (cable)
RDI Operating Limits:
Max. Voltage . . . . . . . . . . . . .24 VDC
Max. Current . . . . . . . . . . . . .150 mA
Temp. Range . . . . . . . .-40 to +392°F
There is also an Optional Leak Detector (LD) for RDI Burst Sensor.For optional leak detection specify RDI-LD. The LD is a TFE seal affixed between two gaskets. When the RDI-LD is installed and there is a build-up in pressure, this causes the RDI to open the electrical circuit.
Note: Max. Temperature of 500°F (260°C) limitation of liner material. The LD is always installed on the pressure side of the RDI
The RDI Rupture Disk Indicator works with ZOOK ZAM Plus Alarm Monitor or any other monitoring system. Contact Flexachem for additional information. The monitor wired to the RDI will be activated providing immediate local or remote warning of a ruptured disk. The ZAM Plus monitor allows output to control pumps, valves, and other equipment which may be activated to control or shutdown a process.